ZeeReviewz is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Skullcandy earbuds are the epitome of modern earbuds that feature stereo audio and a dependable battery base. The best thing about these earbuds that have created hype in the market and make them top the sales is their dual-mode performance.
Skullcandy Earbuds Feature Mono Mode as Well as Stereo Mode
In mono mode, a single earbud can be used individually to listen through it while in stereo mode both the earbuds can be synced to let both earbuds play the same media.
Mono mode is the best thing any earbud can offer as it will allow you to use a single earbud at a time and then use the second one once the battery of the first is drained.
Using this mode users can get double the battery life as compared with the stereo mode where both earbuds are being used at the same time. Although it is good to have earbuds being used in a mono mode it comes with certain drawbacks. When used for a long time in mono mode, one of the earbuds may stop working, either left or right.
No matter whether your right Skullcandy or left Skullcandy earbud is not working you can follow the same process to make amends. We have provided you with simple troubleshooting steps that will help you in repairing some minor software problems with your Skullcandy earbuds.
Solutions Of Skullcandy Left Earbud Not Working
Given below are one of the most widely used troubleshooting steps that will help you in fixing any undiagnosed issue with your Skullllcandy earbud, either left or right.
These methods can be used for indy, push, sesh, and other models as well.
By Resetting Both Earbuds To Stereo Mode:
- Let the earbuds reset to your default mode by putting them in their charging case.
- Pair both earbuds with a media source device like a smartphone, laptop, tablet, or PC.
- Open Bluetooth from the control panel of the media source device.
- Assess the Bluetooth settings of the connected device.
- Switch off Bluetooth and delete the name of your earbuds from the pairing list of the media source device.
- After the earbuds are removed from the pairing list, pick the left earbud from the charging case and press it at the center.
- Hold the center of the left Skullcandy earbud for about 5 seconds until an LED light flashes. Red light is most probably to be indicated.
- Red light flash is an indication of resetting the left earbud.
- Now repeat the same process for the right earbud and let it reset to default settings.
- Now, take both earbuds simultaneously and put them in both of your ears.
- An audio prompt will be heard through both earbuds that will inform about the syncing of both earbuds by a beep tone.
- Pair them with your media source device (most probably your cellphone), by turning on Bluetooth and selecting the name and model of the Skullcandy earbuds.
- When connected with the media device, after syncing the media will be played through both earbuds and hopefully, both earbuds will be in perfect sync.
By Powering Off Both Earbuds:
Following these steps is most likely to fix any issue with the left or right Skullcandy earbud and let it reset to its stereo mode.
If resetting has not solved your problem and the left Skullcandy earbud is still not working you can follow the below-given steps to try your luck and see if it works or not.
- Switch off the Bluetooth from the media source device that you have connected with your Skullcandy left earbud.
- Remove the earbud from the pairing list of the media source device.
- Power off both earbuds. This is done by pressing and holding the touch panel of the earbuds for about 5 seconds. If your Skullcandy earbuds are not touch-assisted there will be a back button as an alternative to the power button.
- Push the back button or touch the panel of the left Skullcandy earbud for 10 seconds until it is powered off. Repeat the process for the right Skullcandy earbud.
- Put the powered-off earbuds into the charging case.
- Take out both Skullcandy earbuds from the charging case at the same time. Skullcandy earbuds will automatically turn into pairing mode once picked out of the charging case.
- Turn on the Bluetooth and pair the Skullcandy earbuds with your media source device like a smartphone or tablet.
- Scan the Bluetooth pairing list for your desired Skullcandy earbud model and connect it with your device.
- Once both Skullcandy earbuds are connected with the media source device both earbuds will be in sync and audio will be coming through both earbuds at the same time.
If this solution doesn’t work as well then there might be some issues with the hardware of the earbuds and that will require technical assistance, not troubleshooting.
How To Change Volume And Channel On Vizio TV Without Remote
How To Connect Sonos To An iPhone
Maybe this video can help you more.
Leave a Comment